Dr. Abhishek P. Raval
MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Cardiology)
Consultant - Interventional Cardiologist
- DM (Cardiology), U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre. Affiliated to B J Medical College, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad, India. July 2014.
- MD (General Medicine), Smt. NHL Medical College, V S General Hospital, Ahmedabad, India. April 2010.
- MBBS, Medical College, Baroda, India. September 2006
- Consulting and Interventional Cardiologist at Christ Hospital, Rajkot; from October 2016 to April 2018.
- Former Assistant Professor (for 2 years), Dept. of Cardiology, U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre. Affiliated to B J Medical College, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad, India.
- Former Senior Registrar, Dept. of Cardiology, U N Mehta Institute of Cardiology and Research Centre. Affiliated to B J Medical College, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad.
- Ex Consulting Physician at V S General Hospital, Ahmedabad, India 2010.
- Echocardiography including 2D, 3D, Transesophageal, Contrast, Stress and Epicardial Echocardiography
- Tread mill, Holter monitoring, ABPM and stress tests
- Diagnostic catheterization procedures e.g. Coronary angiography, Renal and Peripheral angiography, Angiocardiography, Oxymetry
- Theurapetic catheterization procedures like coronary angioplasty (including complex Primary PCI, CTO, bifurcation lesions, Ostial lesions. Left main stenting, bypass grafts and calcified lesions) • IABP • Peripheral & Endovascular procedures like Peripheral angioplasties • Coiling • Structural & congenital procedures like percutaneous valvuloplasties, device closure of congenital defects • Electrophysiological procedures like temporary & permanent pacemakers, AICD implantations, etc.
- Hybrid coronary, structural and peripheral interventions
- Effect of Oral Sildenafil on Residual Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in Patients Following Successful Percutaneous Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty (PBMV): Short Term Results in 12 Patients. Indian Journal of Applied and Basic Medical Sciences. July 2013.
- Accuracy of Different Imaging Modalities Prior to Biventricular Repair for Pediatric patients with Tetralogy of Fallot. Intern J Med Update. January 2016; 11(1):3-11. doi: 10.4314/ijmu. v11i1.2.
- Ductus arteriosus stenting: A promising percutaneous palliation in patients with ductdependent pulmonary circulation. Rev Port Cardiol. 2016; 35(11):583-592. doi: 10.1016/ j.repc.2016.06.010.
- Distribution of Coronary Artery Anomalies and Their Evaluation with Different Imaging Modalities. Int J Med Res Rev. 2016; 4(10):1807-1819. doi:10.17511/ijmrr.2016.i10.17.
- Transvenous arterial duct stenting in cyanotic patients with pulmonary atresia and ventricular septal defect. Prog Pediatr Cardiol. August 2016; 43:119-126. Article in Press. doi: 10.1016/j.p pedcard.2016.08.017.
- Transcatheter closure of Left Pulmonary Artery to Left Atrium Fistula in a neonate using Amplatzer Duct Occluder. J Invasive Cardiol 2014; 26(7): E91-E94.
- Successful Thrombolysis of Aortic Prosthetic Valve Thrombosis during First Trimester ofPregnancy. Intern J Med Update. January 2015; 10(1):29-32. doi: 10.4314/ijmu.v10i1.6.
- Multiple Left Ventricular Aneurysms in a Young Female. Rev Port Cardiol. 2016; 35(2):113.e1-113.e6. doi: 10.1016/j.repc.2015.09.020.
- Endovascular Intervention in Chronically Occluded Inferior Vena Cava with Modified Sharp Recanalization Technique. J Clin Case Rep. 2015; 5(3): 512. doi:10.4172/2165-7920.1000512.
- Transcatheter Device Closure of Pseudoaneurysm of Left Ventricular Wall- an Emerging Therapeutic Option. Rev Port Cardiol. 2016; 35(2):115.e1-115.e5. doi: 10.1016/j.repc. 2015.06.013.
- Safety, Efficacy and Feasibility of Innovative Transvenous Arterial Duct Stenting in Cyanotic Patients with Ventricular Septal Defect and Pulmonary Atresia. Ann Pediatr Cardiol 2014; 7(S1): S58-9.
- Mid-term outcome of periventricular device closure of large ventricular septal defect in high risk infants: Single centre experience. Ann Pediatr Cardiol 2014; 7(S1): S134.
- Short- and intermediate-term outcomes of patients undergoing arterial duct stenting in duct dependent pulmonary circulation. Online available at: https://www.pcronline.com/ eurointervention/AbstractsEuroPCR2014/228/
- Evaluation of anomalous coronary origin and course on different imaging modalities. Indian Heart J 2014; 66: S52.
- Diagnostic accuracy of different diagnostic methods for TOF patients prior to biventricular repair. Presented at Cardiological Society of India (CSI), December 2013, Bengaluru, India.
- Diagnostic Accuracy of Different Diagnostic Methods for Tetralogy of Fallot Patients Prior to Biventricular Repair. Online available at: https://www.pcronline.com/eurointervention/Abstracts EuroPCR2014/227/ Presented at EuroPCR, May 2014, Paris, France.
- Innovative Transvenous Arterial Duct Stenting in Cyanotic Neonates with Ventricular Septal Defect and Pulmonary Atresia. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv May 2014; 83(S1):S153–5. doi: 10.1002/ccd.25491. Presented at SCAI Scientific Sessions, May 2014, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Balloon Dilatation for Native Coarctation in Young, Fea¬sible, and Effective. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv May 2014; 83(S1): S143–4. doi: 10.1002/ccd.25491. Presented at SCAI Scientific Sessions, May 2014, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- Innovative Transvenous Ductus Stenting in Patients with Large Ventricular Septal Defect and Pulmonary Atresia: Safety and Efficacy at 6 Months Follow Up. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 83 (7): 1209 doi: 10.1002/ccd.25476. Presented at PICS/AICS, June 2014, Chicago, IL, USA.
- Short and intermediate term outcomes of antegrade ductal stenting in duct dependent pulmonary circulation with ventricular septal defect. Presented at Catheterization and Structural Interventions, June 2014, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Broken jailed PTCA wire successful retrieval. Presented at Cardiological Society of India (CSI), December 2014, Hydrabad, India.
- Bail out left main stenting. Presented at Cardiological Society of India (CSI), December 2014, Hydrabad, India.
- Cardioembolic Stroke during Balloon Mitral Valvotomy: Managed Invasively. Presented at National Interventional Council (NIC), April 2015, New Delhi, India.
- Superior Mesenteric Artery Thrombosis- Managed Pharmacoinvasively. Presented at National Interventional Council (NIC), April 2015, New Delhi, India.
- Evaluation of Anomalous Coronary Arteries on Different Noninvasive and Invasive Imaging Modalities. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2015; 85(S2): S59-60. doi: 10.1002/ccd.25910. Presented at SCAI Scientific Sessions, May 2015, San Diego, CA, USA.
- Post Myocardial Infarction Ventricular Septal Rupture- Percutaneous Device Closure. Presented at TCT India Next 2015, Bengaluru, India.
- Stenting of Ductus Arteriosus- A Promising Percutaneous Palliation in Children with Duct Dependent Pulmmonary Circulation. Presented at Cardiology Today and Tomorrow, ACC Extended Learning. December 2015, Muscat, Oman.
- Retrival of a Broken Uncoiled Wire. Presented at Indo Japanese CTO Club, June 2017, Mumbai, India.
- National and International faculty at several national-international conferences - like - SCAI, TCT AP, CSI, NIC, IJCTO