Dr. Bhaumik Thakor
M.B.B.S., M.S. (General surgery), M.Ch. (Neurosurgery, SCTIMST-Trivandrum)
Consultant Neurosurgeon, Department of Neurosurgery
Dr. Bhaumik Thakor has done his MBBS and MS (General surgery) from B J Medical College, Ahmedabad. He completed his M.Ch. in Neurosurgery from Sree Chitra (SCTIMST), Trivandrum. He has a vast experience in treating brain and spine tumors, aneurysms, AVMs, spine diseases, and has managed more than 500 cases. He has received his trauma training from NIMHANS, Bangalore.
He has special interest in epilepsy surgery, managing more than 100 such cases in this challenging field.
Research and Publications:
- Extensive exposure to a wide spectrum of neurosurgical specialities like cerebrovascular, skull base, neurooncology , endoscopy, functional neurosurgery.
- Particularly wide experience in epilepsy surgery, like anterior temporal lobectomy, amygdalohippocampectomy, corpus callosotomy, lobar and multilobar resections, hemispherotomy
- Role of exteriorsation of bowel in enteric perforation cases, GUSACON, Gandhinagar, 1998
- Management of patient having Xanthogranulomatous Pyelonephritis, Mumbai Urology meeting, Khandala, (2000)
- Novel anterior extraperitoneal approach for radical nephrectomy & radical nephroureterectomy, WZUSICON, Nadiad, (2002)
- Poster presentation : Silent pheochromocytoma - peroperatively, WZUSICON, Nadiad, (2002)
- Associate author : Innovation of mechanical intra corporeal lithoclast, USICON, Jaipur, (2002)
- Associate author : Supine P.C.N.L., WZUSICON, Nadiad, (2002)
- National conference by Urology society of India attended held at KOCHI & VARANASI, 2004-2005 respectively.
- M.B.B.S., M.S. (General surgery), M.Ch. (Neurosurgery, SCTIMST-Trivandrum)
- Treating brain and spine tumors, aneurysms, AVMs and spine diseases
Awards & Honors
- Indian Medical association (I.M.A.), Urology society of India, Urology Association of Saurashtra & Kutch, Gujarat Urology Association