Dr. Dipen Patel
M.B.B.S., M.S. (Gen. Surgery), M.Ch. (Surgical Oncology)
Consultant - Onco Surgeon
Dr. Dipen patel is consultant Onco surgeon at Wockhardt hospital Rajkot. After completing his M.S. from Smt. NHL medical college, shardaben hospital Ahmedabad in 2013, he specialized further in surgical oncology. Completing MCh in Onco surgery from Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, BJ Medical College, Civil hospital Ahmedabad in 2016. In his widespread experience of 3 years, he has worked resident surgical oncologist at Gujarat Cancer and research Institute, civil hospital Ahmedabad. In head and neck oncology, he is well versed in surgeries of oral malignancies, larynges, and pharynx and post cricoid region, thyroid and salivary gland tumors. He can successfully performed reconstructive procedures such as Pectoralis, major muscle flap, Latissimus dorsiflap, forehead flap, etc. He has also expertise in performing GI oncology surgeries for cancer of stomach, esophagus, colon, rectum & hepatopancreatico biliary region and he is well adapted in performing surgeries for gynecological and urological malignancies. He has got the opportunity to present posters and papers at National events and also has publications in respected journals.
Surgeries Performed :
Oncology surgeries :
- Performed endoscopy procedures like Hopkins examination, direct laryngoscopy, nasopharyngoscopy, bronchoscopy, esophagoscopy, gastroduodenoscopy
- Various biopsy procedure like incisional, excisional, core cut, punch, bone biopsy image guided etc
- Completed rotation in different subspecialities of surgical oncology namely Paediatric oncology, ortho oncology, Uro oncology, gyaec oncology, IVTC(interventional and therapeutic centre) and onco-plastic surgery
- Performed emergency surgeries like traheostomy, external carotid artery ligation for bleeding head and neck cancer patients, emergency laparotomy, stoma, bypass & all kinds of general surgical emergencies etc
Research,Presentations & Publications:
- Head & Neck - Composite resection, MRND, Selective neck dissection, RND, sup. & total parotidectomy, submandibular gland excision, thyroid & parathyroid surgery any, Total and partial laryngectomy with voice prosthesis, Total pharyngolaryngectomy, scalp,face & nose bcc wide excision, enucleation of eye,local and named flaps like nasolabial flap,PMMC, Deltopectoral flap,Forehead, Median forehead, Mastarde cheek flap, tongue flap, buccal mucosal flap palatal flap, Abbey & Estlander flap, Fan flap, Bernard and Karapandzik flap,cervical rotation flap, platysmal flap, submental flap etc.
- Thoracic - Esophagectomy (THE, 2 field), Lung lobectomy, pneumonectomy, metastatectomy, diagnostic thoracoscopy and biopsy etc.
- Abdomen and G.I.T. - Radical gastrectomy with D2 LN dissection, Colectomy, Anterior resection, APR, Whipple’s pancretoduodenectomy, Right/Left hepatectomy, radical cholecystectomy, distal/central pancrectectomy, splenectomy, retroperitoneal sarcoma excision, adrenalectomy etc.
- Genitourinary & Gynecological - Radical cystectomy with ileal conduit, partial/total penectomy, partial/radical nephrectomy, Retroperitoneal LN dissection, Ilioinguinal LN dissection, Orchidectomy any, Staging laparotomy, TAH BSO, Radical hysterectomy etc.
- Breast and Chest - Mastectomy any, Axillary LN dissection any, Breast conserving surgery any, LD flap reconstruction, Chest wall mass excision with reconstruction etc.
- Periphery and musculoskeleta - Limb soft tissue sarcoma wide excision, Scapulectomy, hemipelvectomy, proximal fibulectomy, TKR/THR/TSR (assisted).
- Laparoendoscopy (assisted) - Thoracoscopic mobilization of esophagus, thoracoscopic biopsy, APR, LAR,Nephrectomy.
- Others - Subclavian and IJV port/Hickman catheter insertion.
- Presentation at Indian Medical Association National Conference at Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Presently writing paper on various cancer topics
- Attended various camps under The Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, Ahmedabad
- Paper publication on Case of Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor (MPNST) of Male Breast: A rare case report
- Poster Presentation on Multiple Basal Cell Carcinoma over face: A case report and Oral presentation on Role of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in treatment of liver tumors in childhood at IMA NATCON 2014
- Two paper publication, poster presentation and oral presentation during the tenure of General Surgery residency
- M.Ch. (Surgical Oncology) from The Gujarat cancer and research institute, B. J. Medical college, Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad in the year 2016
- M.S. (General Surgery), Dept. of Surgery, SCL General Hospital, NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad (Gujarat) under the Gujarat university in the year of 2013
- nternship from B. J. Medical College and Civil Hospital, Ahmedabad (Gujarat) in the year 2009-10
- M.B.B.S. from B. J. Medical College, Ahmedabad (Gujarat) under the Gujarat University in the year 2009
- Head and neck Oncology
- Comprehensive and conservative breast oncoplastic surgery
- Gastro intestinal & Hepatobiliary cancer
- Plastic reconstructive and maxillofacial surgery
- Genitourinary & gynec onco surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery