Dr. Jigar Parekh
M.D. (Medicine),D.M. (Neurology)
Consultant – Neuro Physician
Dr. Jigar Parekh, a resident of Rajkot, completed his schooling from St. Mary’s school in 2003 with the highest score in science stream in Saurashtra region. After doing M.B.B.S and M.D. from the reputed B.J Medical College, Ahmedabad. He did his super specialization in Neurology (D.M.) from S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur. He has experience of managing more than 1000 acute stroke cases with special expertise in thrombolysis (IV tPA) therapy. He has carried out research in Multiple sclerosis and other CNS demyelinating disorders with the largest pool of patients in India.
Areas of special interest
- Acute stroke management
- Epilepsy –syndromic diagnosis and treatment
- Multiple sclerosis, Neuromyelitis optica and other CNS demyelinating disorders.
- Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders.
- Migraine and other headaches.
- Sharma C, Parekh J, Kumawat BL, Acharya M. Juvenile myoclonic epilepsy with multiple sclerosis: is there a dual role for valproate? BMJ Case Rep; 2014. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2014-204428.
- Jigar R. Parekh and Preetesh R. Agrawal. Wilson's disease: ‘face of giant panda’ and ‘trident’ signs together. Oxf Med Case Reports. 2014 Apr; 2014(1): 16–17.
- C. M. Sharma, Kunal Nath, and Jigar Parekh. Reversible electrophysiological abnormalities in hypokalemic paralysis: Case report of two cases. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2014 Jan-Mar; 17(1): 100–102.
- Chandramohan Sharma, Mihir Acharya, Bansi Lal Kumawat, Jigar Parekh. Giant spinal exostosis. BMJ Case Reports 2014; doi:10.1136/bcr-2014-203819.
- Chandramohan B. Sharma, Jigar R. Parekh, Dinesh Khandelwal, and Bansi L. Kumawat. Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis: Role of extra cranial collateral circulation .Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2015 Jan-Mar; 18(1): 121–123.
- Chandramohan B. Sharma, Jigar R. Parekh,Vikas Sharma and Bansi L. Kumawat. A ‘Y-shaped’ soft tissue ossification in fibrodysplasia ossificans progressive. Oxf Med Case Rep (2015) 2015(3): 235-236.doi: 10.1093/omcr/omv022
- M.B.B.S. – B.J.M.C. Ahmedabad
- M.D. (Internal Medicine) – B.J.M.C. Ahmedabad.
- D.M. (Neurology) – S.M.S. Medical College, Jaipur.
Awards & Honors
- 1st runner up in "Indian Academy of Neurology PG Summer course in Neurology 2015"
- "National Headache Update 2013" at Jaipur.
- Winner of the Zonal round (west zone) of "Neurology Torrent Young Scholar Award (TYSA) 2014".
- "International Neuro Update 2015" at SDMH, Jaipur.
- "International Neuro update 2016", Mumbai.