Dr. Nikunj D. Patel
Consultant Surgical Gastroenterologist and Laproscopic Surgeon
Dr. Nikunj Patel studied at the prestigious B. J. Medical College in Ahmedabad and then went on to join G.E.M. Hospital and Research Centre in Coimbatore Tamil Nadu to hone his skills in speciality training for surgical gastroenterology and laparoscopic surgery. Under the guidance of world-renowned Laparoscopic Surgeon Dr. C. Palanivelu, Dr. Nikunj Patel has received training in advanced procedures, including those for cancers. He has also acquired training in various endoscopic procedures and has published many papers in international journals and presented the same at various conferences.
Research and Publications:
- IASGCON - 2014, Ahmedabad
Title: Laparoscopic radical cholecystectomy for carcinoma gall bladder Oral Presentation.
- AMASICON-2014, Dubai
Title: Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Repair in Children: A Decade Long Experience Oral presentation:
- IHPBA - 2015, Hyderabad
Title: Total laparoscopic management of choledochal cyst - outcome analysis in 110 patients from a tertiary care centre
- P. Senthilnathan, Nikunj Patel, V.P. Nalankilli, C. Palanivelu, R. Parthasarthi, P. Praveenraj: Laparoscopic pylorus preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy in Paediatric Age for solid pseudo papillary neoplasm of head of the pancreas-Case report. Pancreatology 14 (2014): 550-552.
- Senthilnathan P, Patel N.O., Nair A.S., Nalankilli V.P., Vijay A., Palanivelu C.: Laparoscopic Management of Choledochal Cyst-Technical Modifications and Outcome Analysis. World J surg. 2015 Jun 12. [Epub ahead of print)
- Senthilnathan P., Nikunj Patel, Sandeep Sabnis, Nalankilli V.P., Anand Vijay, Praveenraj P. ,Parthasarthi R., Palanivelu C.: Laparoscopic radical cholecystectomy for suspected early gall bladder carcinoma - thinking beyond convention. Surgical endoscopy. 2015 Aug 2.
- Senthilnathan P., Sandeep Sabnis, Nikunj Patel, Nalankilli V.P.,Anand Vijai, Praveenraj P., Parthasarthi R., Palanivelu C.: Laparoscopic major hepatectomy - technique and outcomes. Journal of gastrointestinal surgery. 2015
- M.B.B.S. - B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad - 2002-2008
- M.S. (General Surgery) B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad - 2009-2012
- F.N.B. - G.E.M. Hospital and Research Centre, Coimbatore (Awarded by national Board of Examinations, New Delhi) - 2013-2015
- Basic laparoscopic procedures like appendicectomy, cholecystectomy, inguinal hernia repair (TEP/TAPP), ventral hernia repair (lPOM)
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures like fundoplication, cardiomyotomy, TVGJ, Bariatric procedures, various colorectal procedures and various HPB procedures
- Laparoscopic Colorectal surgery
- Hepato-pancreato-biliary procedures
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Open GI surgical procedures
- Upper GI endoscopy and sigmoidocopy