Dr Chirantan Mangukia
MBBS, MS (General Surgery), MCh (Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery)
Born in Rajkot, Dr Chirantan Mangukia completed his schooling from Junagadh in 2003. He was the first in the district who secured board rank (8th and 3rd) both in 10th and 12th exams respectively. Professional Background:
Being trained in high volume cardiothoracic center, Dr Mangukia has good experience of all ranges of adult and pediatric cardio-thoracic surgery and vascular surgery. Being voracious reader and literature reviewer, he has written numerous papers in high impact factor journals and has become ‘Peer reviewer’ for several journals. He has been official ‘Reviewer’ of one of the largest medical publisher – Elsevier.
Area of Interest:
- MBBS – B J Medical College, Ahmedabad (2003-2009)
- MS (General Surgery) – B J Medical College, Ahmedabad (2009-2012)
- MCh (Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery) – Govind Ballabh Pant Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (Maulana Azad Medical College), New Delhi (2012-2015)
- Adult Cardiac Surgery
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Valve replacement surgery
- Minimal invasive cardiac surgery
- Trauma surgery (Vascular and Thoracic)
- Vascular surgery and intervention
- 7th Biennial Congress, The Society for Heart Valve Disease & The Heart Valve Society of America: 22- 25 June 2013, Venice, Italy
- A Novel Technique for Reconstruction of Right Ventricular Outflow Tract with Fresh Pericardial Valved Conduit [Link]
- GUJSURGICON 2011, 38th Annual Conference – Gujarat State Surgeons Association & 13th Annual Conference – Gujarat State Chapter – The Association of Surgeons of India: 19th-20th November, 2011, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Mesh Infection after Laparoscopic TEP Repair – A Case Report
- Coronary artery fistula (Review article). The Annals of thoracic surgery. 2012;93(6):2084-92.
- Off pump versus conventional on pump coronary artery bypass: a review. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012;28(4):234-41.
- Unusual Presence of Two Innominate Veins in Presence of Bilateral Superior Vena Cava. The Annals of thoracic surgery. 2013;96(2):e53.
- Right aortic arch with isolation of the left innominate artery in a case of double chamber right ventricle and ventricular septal defect. Annals of pediatric cardiology. 2014;7(2):148.
- Mediastinitis following pediatric cardiac surgery. Journal of cardiac surgery. 2014;29(1):74.
- Management of iatrogenic RV injury—RV packing and CPB through PTFE graft attached to femoral artery. Annals of pediatric cardiology. 2015;8(1):53.
- An isolated giant coronary cameral fistula—a case report. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;30(2):176-9
- Pulmonary endarterectomy for saddling pulmonary embolism by Aspergillus fungus in an immunocompetent patient. Indian Heart Journal. 2014;66(5):539-42.
- Ventricular Septal Defect after Blunt Trauma in a Case of Preexisting Prosthetic Mitral Valve. World Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery. 2014;4(12):227.
- An unusual case of late anastomotic disruption of Dacron Aortic prosthesis, Int J Res Med. 2015;4(4):154-6.
- Papillary muscle and left ventricular trabecular calcification in rheumatic mitral stenosis. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. 2015;3(2):509-10.
- Para-prosthetic Graft to Bowel Fistula Following Aorto-bifemoral Bypass Grafting Detected Incidentally. Indian Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. 2015;2(3):112.
- Biatrial multifocal recurrence of sporadic left atrial myxoma. Indian J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2015;31(4):323-5.
- Postoperative Mesh Infection—Still a Concern in Laparoscopic Era. Indian Journal of Surgery. 2015;77(4):322-6.
- Iatrogenic Disruption of Left Main Coronary Artery during Aortic Valve Replacement. World Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery. 2016;6(01):1.